Full Job Description:
The Dhaka Journal, located in Dhaka, is seeking applicants for a Digital Creative Content Writer [Part-Time]. We are seeking a savvy wordsmith who is not only a great writer and editor, but who can keep the The Dhaka Journal’s brand voice consistent and highly engaging across all published content. The successful applicant will be a highly creative and prolific writer who enjoys conducting interviews, and has a track record of publication. Candidate must have an aptitude for writing as a marketing tool, to generate original content equally appealing to internal and external audiences. Professionalism and accuracy is of extreme importance, as work will be utilized on the The Dhaka Journal (thedhakajournal.com) website, in media releases, in newsletters to various constituencies, on social media, and in emergency communications as needed. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be comfortable taking photographs and using Photoshop to create related art for the website. Attention to detail, solid planning and organizational skills, ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects at the same time is critical. The successful candidate will maintain a positive and collaborative attitude, thrive while working in a team environment, and have an extensive ability to multi-task.
- HSC/Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience writing across multiple media platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge of current trends in content writing, digital marketing and communications
- Experience with editing for style, grammar and content in Bangla language.
- Experience writing using various style guides in Bangla language.
- Knowledgeable in Adobe Photoshop
- Experience writing for website in Bangla Language
- Knowledge of current trends in digital marketing
- Plan, research and interview subjects to write articles in Bangla Language–using a storytelling style–on college-related stories for website, media releases, social media and newsletters
- Write and/or edit web wide projects in Bangla such as website content, and internal communications
- Assist with related marketing concepts, advertising and photography as needed
- Represent the The Dhaka Journal in the media in a positive, professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Work from home
Current Resume/CV that includes contact information for three Professional References
Two published writing samples
Posting Close Date:
Apply Method :
- Sent mail to – firstname.lastname@example.org ,
- Subject line : Creative Content Writer *YOUR NAME *YOUR MOBILE NUMBER
Note to Applicant:
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.